Old Spice Launches New Fresh Collection: A Line of Scents Inspired by the Freshest Places on Earth
To Celebrate the Availability of the Fresh Collection, Old Spice Wants to Send Two Guys to Matterhorn and Fiji, for the Fresh Adventure Internship of a Lifetime
Old Spice (NYSE: PG) today announced the launch of the Fresh Collection, a line of antiperspirant/deodorants that gives guys the chance to smell like some of the freshest places on earth. Designed by the scent experts at Procter & Gamble, Fresh Collection combines the great protection guys have come to know and expect from Old Spice, with a blend of fresh fragrances that are subtle and not overpowering. Fresh Collection is inspired by four well-known lands from across the globe, each one containing scent notes familiar to that location:
- Fiji: Smells like palm trees, sunshine and freedom
- Matterhorn: Smells like ice, wind and freedom
- Cyprus: Smells like limes, an ocean breeze and freedom
- Denali: Smells like wilderness, open air and freedom
“The Fresh Collection will change the way a lot of people think about Old Spice,” said James Moorhead, Old Spice Deodorant Brand Manager. “The scents are clean and fresh and are specifically designed for guys who want to avoid scents that are too strong or too musky.”
Old Spice Fresh Adventure Internship
To celebrate the Fresh Collection launch, Old Spice is seeking two qualified candidates for internship positions to explore where freshness smells from, embarking on a unique journey enabling them to live and breathe all of the experiences that Fiji and Matterhorn have to offer.
In May, two candidates will be hired to participate in the Old Spice Fresh Adventure Internship. As part of their job requirement, the interns will be reporting on their scent-inspired adventures via social media channels and a special blog on www.OldSpice.com. Prior to traveling, each intern will be outfitted with $5,000 and an itinerary of “jobs” to complete and document while on location such as:
- Don traditional Swiss lederhosen and tear up the mountain while snowboarding some of the world’s best snow. Attach 10 Velcro-padded sticks of Old Spice Matterhorn to the Lederhosen suspenders and hand out to 5 other skiers and snowboarders on the mountain – while yelling out “You smell like Matterhorn!!” – at the same time. Use your helmet cam (provided by Old Spice) to capture video of you in action – and reaction shots.
- Forget the roulette wheel and fancy cars…but don’t forget the threads. Don a tuxedo and head up to Klein Mountain and snowboard/ski till you fly by Plateau Rosa…Italy. Capture the multi-country adventure taping proof that you were in two different countries on the same day.
- Weave a hat from palm fronds, incorporating a stick of Old Spice Fiji as part of the design. Hit the waves and keep the hat on…in fact, go ahead and wear the hat the rest of your trip (mandatory – videotape proof).
- Participate in the Aqua-Trek Shark Encounter (with a certified guide), take a photo of the largest shark that makes you sweat and make sure your water-proof Old Spice Fiji is in the shot.
“The Old Spice Fresh Collection reflects a sense of adventure that is synonymous with the Old Spice brand,” said Moorhead. “The internship is a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone to get real hands-on experience in various fields such as oceanography – surfing in Fiji, and geography – snowboarding from Switzerland to Italy in the same day.”
To help better prepare the interns for their adventure, Old Spice is teaming up with two world-class athletes: professional snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler and professional surfer Anastasia Ashley, who are coming on-board as internship mentors.
Applicants for the Old Spice Fresh Adventure Internship contest can enter, find complete rules and learn more about the unique activities by visiting www.OldSpiceAdventure.com beginning March 15, 2010. Winners will be announced in May 2010, and the internships will take place in June 2010.
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Open to male residents of the 49 U.S. and D.C. (void in ME), 18 or older (AL & NE residents must be 19 or older and MS residents must be 21 or older) with an active Facebook and/or Twitter personal account. Contest begins 12:01AM ET on 3/15/10 and ends 11:59PM ET on 4/15/10. Visit www.OldSpiceAdventure.com for complete Official Rules.
The Old Spice Fresh Collection is available now with an SRP of $4.29 for a 2.6 oz stick. To learn more about Fresh Collection and for downloadable product images, please visit www.OldSpiceMediaCenter.com.
For more on this story, please visit CNN Money Online.