Natural Vitality’s Energy 28 Powers Youngest Climber in History to the Peak of Mt. Everest
on a clear night in May 2010, in subzero temperatures, Jordan Romero, age 13, started his final, 26-hour leg of the steep and dangerous climb up the northeast ridge of Mt. Everest. the day before, he, along with his father, stepmother and three Sherpa guides, had entered Camp 3 and the “death zone”—these are altitudes higher than 26,246 feet, wherein the body uses up its store of oxygen faster than it can be replenished. This is the zone where oxygen masks are virtually required and where the amount of available oxygen can barely sustain human life. at this elevation, the heart beats faster, sleeping becomes very difficult, and digesting food is nearly impossible.
As Jordan described, “From the base-camp elevation of 17,000 feet above sea level, everything is working against you, and we had another 12,035 feet of climbing to go. you have to read your body and understand food and nutrition to keep yourself together, to keep your body functioning properly. every morning as a team, we would take a shot of Natural Vitality’s sports product Energy 28™, and it really gave us that extra endurance that we needed.”
Jordan’s dad, Paul, added, “when the human body is exposed to hypoxia (a condition that can occur in oxygen-reduced environments), it struggles to produce required amounts of energy with less available oxygen, and it taxes your immune system and your digestive tract. Although we had trained for and acclimated to the high elevations, Energy 28 absolutely nailed it for that added boost of energy and endurance needed to keep going and to keep morale up.”
The highly potent, organic, non-GMO and natural food energizer was a logical choice for Jordan and his team. Energy 28 contains a unique blend of vegan, gluten-free ingredients that are readily assimilated by the body to increase stamina:
- Golden Chlorella Omega – a complete functional food containing 50 percent heart-healthy omega-3, -6 and -9 oils by weight, and 20 percent daily fiber.
- Bioenergy Ribose – a premium, patented, clinically proven form of D-ribose essential to all the body’s cells for energy metabolism.
- Organic maca – an ancient root vegetable grown in South America’s Andes Mountains at elevations up to 15,000 feet. Maca is a high-energy food rich in nutritional content, including amino acids, natural vitamins, calcium, magnesium, potassium and other minerals.
- Rhodiola – used for centuries in Russia and Scandinavian countries to stimulate the nervous system, enhance work performance and eliminate fatigue.
- 24 organic fruits and vegetables – fundamental for nutrition and energy in a healthy diet: 13 organic superfruits and fruits (pomegranate, acai, goji and noni; tart cherry, raspberry, strawberry, cranberry, banana, blueberry, apple, aronia berry and sweet cherry), plus 11 vegetables and sprouts (carrot, pumpkin, pea, spinach, tomato, broccoli, broccoli sprouts, onion sprouts, daikon radish, kale and alfalfa).
Celebrity dietician Ashley Koff, RD, a frequent guest on ABC’s good Morning America, understands the relationship between nutrient-dense foods and endurance:
“when it comes to getting energy for optimal performance and recovery, athletes get efficient and effective results from whole food sources, the reason being that whole food sources, ideally organic, provide the nutrients in balance and in complement to each other as our bodies need them. For example, magnesium complements calcium for optimal muscle function. most of my athlete clients—professional or hard-core enthusiasts—would never rely on nutrition from a processed, synthetic ‘energy’ bar or ‘energy’ drink.”
Koff endorses Energy 28 and the entire line of Natural Vitality organic supplements on her website: ashleykoffapproved.com
With 40 pounds of gear on his back, crampons, rope, ice pick, oxygen mask and a boatload of spirit and willpower, Jordan would push on and reach the top of Everest by the morning of May 22, 2010, and set a world record as the youngest person to summit the highest mountain above sea level on Earth.
“To look up at the peak of Everest from base camp, and then, on a crystal-clear day, to be at the top with family, looking down at that same base camp, is the most exhilarating feeling imaginable,” Jordan said.
Team Jordan achieved two world records that morning in May. World record number one: becoming the first family to stand together at the summit of the “Mother Goddess of Earth” or “Holy Mother,” as Everest is called by Tibetans; and world record number two: the youngest climber to reach its peak.
Energy 28 and other Natural Vitality supplements are available at Whole Foods Market, The Vitamin Shoppe, Vitacost and other fine stores and online retailers.
Read more about Jordan Romero and the 7 Summits Project at NaturalVitalitySports.com.
Maida CandlerPeter Gillham’s Natural Vitality512-608-8640Email Information
For more on this story, please visit WeightLossTweets.com