Get Healthy December 22, 2011 Skinny Holiday Recipes
Our Aunt Shelly has three pairs of pants for the holidays. Her “regulars,” her “one size larger after all the meals pants,” and her “two sizes larger — always a little big on her, feel good about herself pants.”
Unfortunately, last Christmas she discovered rum pudding and her “feel good pants” no longer felt very good.
Don’t let all of the pounds of holiday food pack on the pounds this year!
We tracked down the best of the best in healthy, delicious cooking to make sure our holiday table is as nutritious as it is delicious. Yes, the super fab chefs and nutritionists are sharing lightened up holiday classics that make it only feel like you’re cheating on your diet! We’ve got savory sides, decadent desserts, and cool cocktails that are sure to impress.
Recipe: Vegan Creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Courtesy Veronica Bosgraaf, Pure Bar
1 butternut squash
1 whole onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
2 cups vegetarian broth
1 cups water
1 cup vanilla almond milk
3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
Salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste
1. Cut squash in half, clean out the seeds and roast face down in a pan with 1
inch water at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until squash meat is soft
2. Remove from oven and let cool. Meanwhile sauté onion in 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil.
3. Add squash meat, broth, water, almond milk, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the pan.
4. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf and carefully pour soup into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour back into pan and simmer, season until desired flavor is achieved.
5. Serve with baked apples and crusty bread.
Yields 6 servings.
For More go to FabFitFun.com