Healthy Eats: Guilt-Free Molten Lava Cake? Yes please!
If you’ve read some of my previous Healthy Eats post, you may have noticed that I have a major weakness for chocolate. So when LA-based certified trainer Holly Perkins walked me through her Promax LS Chocolate Fudge Bar Molten Lava Cake recipe (which is as guilt-free as the dessert can be), I was in heaven. It’s chocolatey, it’s gluten-free and it’s super easy. And it uses Promax bars (who knew?)! Try Holly’s recipe for yourself and thank me for sharing it later.
Promax LS Chocolate Fudge Bar Molten Lava Cake
Makes two servings
1 Promax LS Chocolate Fudge Bar*
3 Tbs. Canned Coconut Milk
3 Tbs. Dark Chocolate Pieces
2 Tbs. Oat Flour
1 Large Egg
2 Tbs. Protein Powder
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
2 Oven-Safe Ramekins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop the Promax LS Chocolate Fudge Bar into several small, bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
3. Combine Coconut or Almond Milk and Dark Chocolate Pieces in a glass bowl. Microwave on high for one minute or less, until gently melted.
4. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together Oat Flour, Egg and Protein Powder. Do not over mix. Add a splash of water if necessary to create a thick, pudding-like texture.
5. Add the melted Milk/Chocolate mixture. Whisk to combine, but do not over mix.
6. Spray two ramekins with non-stick cooking spray and pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter into each ramekin.
7. Place the chopped Promax LS Chocolate Fudge Bar pieces on the batter, in each ramekin (and add a few more Dark Chocolate Pieces for a richer flavor if desired).
8. Put remaining (about on spoonful) of batter on top to cover the pieces.
9. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
* Prepare with one 43g bar or 2/3 of a 67g full-size bar.