When Hilary Knight Practices With The Ducks, People Take Notice
By Susie Arth | Oct 3, 2014
Hilary Knight has said she wants to be a player you have to watch. On Friday, she was all that and more.
Knight, a two-time silver medalist with Team USA, practiced with the Anaheim Mighty Ducks and caused a Twitter tremor. It’s no wonder. According to a release by the team, the 25-year-old Knight “is believed to be the first female skater (non-goalie) to practice with an NHL team.”
– Darci Miller (@darcisays) October 3, 2014
And that was before the 5-foot-11, 172-pound forward who is known for her epic workouts hit the ice.
– Kyle Shohara (@kyleshohara) October 3, 2014
Knight was invited to the Anaheim practice to promote “World Girls’ Ice Hockey Weekend,” a global initiative that aims to get girls to try the sport. The 2014 edition is scheduled for Oct. 11-12.
Prize-winning photo of new Ducks forward Hilary Knight. pic.twitter.com/CKF8cbkkPw
– Greg Beacham (@gregbeacham) October 3, 2014
– Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) October 3, 2014
– Anaheim Ducks (@AnaheimDucks) October 3, 2014
For more on this story, please click here.