Born and raised “Down Under,” surfer Claire Bevilacqua got her start riding some of the world’s biggest waves at home on Australia’s west coast. An active child, Bevilacqua also was an avid skateboarder from the time she could walk and started competing as a surfer at 14.
Bevilacqua loves to continually learn and is motivated by nature and the environment. She’s an activist for the protection, education and conservation of the environment as well as alternative/natural medicine and healing remedies.
- 2010 1st Place, Tidal 9 Women’s Pipeline Pro
- 2009 1st Place, Women’s Pipeline Pro Hawaii
- 2009 Successfully launched her online column Bevos Backwash for Surfline
- 2009 5th Place, Billabong Pro Portugal
- 2006 Collaborated with Volcom to create the “Bevo Signature Series,” a line of girls’ shorts
Special Awards and Accolades
- 2009 Qualifier Women’s WCT Tour for 2010
- 2009 Third in WCT Women’s World Qualifier Ratings