Excelling at everything from lacrosse to soccer to snowboarding, Maddy Schaffrick’s life revolves around sports and she manages to find her way onto the winner’s podium at nearly every stop. Shaffrick’s dedication and fearlessness have led to success in Halfpipe and Slopestyle snowboard disciplines, as well as in Giant Slalom and Freestyle.
In 2008, Shaffrick made her professional debut and took home 4th place at the USSA Grand Prix in Copper Mountain, CO. The field was heavily stacked with the biggest names in the sport. Shaffrick also won bronze at the USSA Grand Prix in Killington, VT, and the Best Trick and Most Progressive Rider awards at the Cover Girl Snow Angels Invitational in Snowmass, CO.
Later, in 2010, Shaffrick finished in the top-10 in each of the five Grand Prix Olympic qualifications and seventh in the overall rankings-just three spots from making the Olympic team, at age 16. She credits snowboarding with becoming a “way of life” and notes that it’s something she will do for the rest of her life.
- 2012, Winter Dew Tour, Breckenridge, CO, Halfpipe, 3rd Place
- 2011, US Grand Prix, Copper, CO, 2nd Place
- 2010, Superpipe, Winter Dew Tour’s Toyota Championship, Mount Snow Resort, West Dover,
- VT, 2nd Place
- 2009, Halfpipe, USSA Revolution Tour, Boreal, CA, 1st Place
- 2009, Slopestyle, USSA Revolution Tour, Boreal, CA, 1st Place
- 2008, Girl’s Halfpipe, Burton US Open Junior Jam, Stratton Mountain, VT, 1st Place
- 2008, Women’s Halfpipe. Burton AM Series, Copper Mountain, CO, 1st Place
- 2008, Women’s Halfpipe, USSA Revolution Tour, Copper Mountain, CO, 2nd Place
- 2007, Giant Slalom, USASA National Snowboard Championships, Northstar at Tahoe, CA, 1st
- 2005, Slopestyle, USASA National Snowboard Championships, Copper Mountain, CO, 1st Place
- 2004, Overall Alpine, USASA National Snowboard Championships, Angel Fire, NM, 1st Place
Special Awards and Accolades
- 2010, Best Trick, Superpipe, Cover Girl Snow Angels Invitational, Snowmass, CO
- 2010, Most Progressive Rider, Superpipe, CoverGirl Snow Angels Invitational, Snowmass, CO
- 2009, Most Progressive Rider, Cover Girl Snow Angels Invitational, Snowmass, CO
- 2009, Best Trick (Switch backside 720 to back 900), Cover Girl Snow Angels Invitational,
- Snowmass, CO
- 2007, All-Star Team Member, Sports Illustrated Kids’ Next Snow Search, Killington, VT
- 2005, Judge’s Choice Award, Best Female Snowboarder, Sports Illustrated Kids’ Next Snow
- Search, Keystone, CO